Friday, December 3, 2010

Simply because I've petitioned against tiredness

Last night I got 10 hours of sleep
Why is this significant?
Simply because I've been thinking.
"Uh.. what?"
Don't question it sweet child of mine. The difference between me thinking today versus another day is that my thought are actually coherent.
Example: thoughts on 7 hours of sleep.
"Dude, how cool would it be to be on the moon? Like, I could just bounce and float around and stuff! But wait... what if UNICORNS were on the moon? I mean, they already frolick around jovially, so what would that look like on the moon? Because when you're on the moon it looks like frolicking in slow motion. So what if one was frolicking in slow motion while frolicking? Man, I really need a unicorn. And a rocket ship.
A STEAM POWERED ROCKET SHIP!"
And then the bell for class to end rings.
One can see my lack of sleep being a problem for 2 reasons.
  1. Unicorns are not real
  2. A steam powered rocket ship has not been invented..... yet.
So, as a break from my usual slightly drunken state, the following are thoughts that occurred in my coherent mind.

  • Today I was walking through the halls. There was an overwhelming amount of people. Well duh, there always is. It's Timpview. But this was a time when I actually cared about it instead of pushing it aside. So to show my concern for this problem I made up this song and sang it loudly.
"Oh my, there are a lot of people in the hallway. I mean, there really are a lot of people in the hallway. Why are there a lot of people in the hallway? There should not be a lot of people in the hallway."
It's entitled "People in the Hallway" all copy rights belong to Aubrey Noelle and fellow classmates who stared questioningly.
  • Going along with the fact that I actually cared while walking through the hallway (with quite a lot of people may I add) I moved myself out of the way instead of roughly being pushed aside by someone. In fact, I squeezed into a wall crevice and yelled loudly. Totally beats getting bruised.
  • I carried an 8 foot table a long distance! And I didn't tire out!
  • When I got out of my car, I dropped my phone. It proceeded to implode. (kay, really it exploded but imploded sounds much cooler, right?) Like the back flew off, and the battery fell out. Instinctually, I picked it up, and started putting it back together. Then my brain loudly yelled "Stopped instincts!" Because saying one's phone imploded is a great excuse for not texting back. Take that technological world.
  • What's the deal with band names? I love America, but what kind of lazy band name is that? Chicago? Kansas? Really? Be creative. Styx? That's a great band name. Who doesn't love greek mythology?
I'll get less sleep in the future. I promise.

1 comment:

ASL said...

I love your references to Seve vs. Evan.
And you.
And your thoughts.
And your blog.
-ASL