Sunday, November 6, 2011

Disconnect from the world

"When I was a little nugget..." I began.
"Aubrey, you are a little nugget."
"Okay, then when I was a little little nugget..."

You got through that stage in your life when you're trying to find out who and what you are. And you try to act a certain way and dress a certain way.
Then suddenly, you realized, that all you have to do is impress God. Show him how much you love him,. You read his words and love Him, and then all that other stuff doesn't matter anymore.
You don't have time for Heavenly Father and half-heartedly say your prayers at night. Then one night, you read your scriptures and say, "Heavenly Father, I read this. It's amazing. I can't believe I never noticed it before." And He says, "I know. I've been waiting. And I'm so glad you found this out."

When you're in that stage you are so worried about how you act. You are so disconnected because even if you're trying to be awesome, do you really feel that way? Do you really feel beautiful and confident in yourself?
That is why Heavenly Father is so grade. You can say anything. You can wear anything. The only thing that matters is your relationship with your Heavenly Father and all his children.

Because in the long run, we won't care if we wore a red shirt or a blue shirt that day.

No comments: