Sunday, February 5, 2012

How do you know?

"Hey, Aubrey?"
"Yeah?"
"You've read this, right?" He stabs his Book of Mormon with his finger
"Yeah."
"Well.... ummm.... Did you like it?"
I giggled quietly to myself "Yeah, I liked it a lot" as I tried to contain the huge smile spreading across my face
"Is it true?"
"What?"
"Umm... is it true?"

"I can't speak for everyone else. But I certainly do know it's true."
"How?"
"Because this little book has brought me more joy in my life than I could possibly imagine. Through it, I feel Christ's love constantly radiating in my life. Because the prophet's in it have the exact same struggles that I do, and through their example I can overcome all things. I can't imagine what my life would be like without it. Because of it, my dad became converted. He went on his mission, and he came to BYU where he met my mom. It has blessed my life in so many ways, that there is no way I possibly could, or ever would deny it."

~~~~~~~

"....So, do you think I should read it."
"Yes," I said with a smile. "I absolutely think you should."

No comments: